Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Soldier Pictures, Images and PhotosThere could never be enough holidays to thank all of the men and women who have fought for our rights to freedom. My prayers and thoughts are with families whose lives were lost or will be lost. Our troops are incredible men and women who are willing to lay down their lives for the sake of our Country! Thats is so amazing to me.There is not near enough support for them and yet they get up every day and put those boots on and fight.



Savana asked me what Memorial Day is, it was tough to explain to a 5 year old that many people have died just so we could have the freedom to do all the things we do. But she listened and got as much as she could out of the conversation. Today to celebrate we did the typical American thing, went to a friends house and swam, ate ribs, and enjoyed good company. The kids had a blast and I am sure they will both sleep VERY well tonight. Tommorow I am going to get Savana to draw a picture and we will mail it overseas. I really want my children to be grateful for everything they are given and Freedom is the greatest gift of all.

No comments: