Friday, June 12, 2009

Trinity Gospel Trio




My dad is a part of a gospel group called Trinity Gospel Trio. They have been singing together for about a year and we are amazed by the many doors God has opened for them. This month they will be featured in "Christian Voice Magazine" and they are in the process of recording their debut album. My dad always knew his calling was to sing and share the gospel but he always struggled to find his place. He once was singing in a group called Hamm & Humphries and they were a secular country group. They traveled to Nashville had a recording contract, made a video, and were locally singing a good bit. But the peices never fit, they weren't singing songs with cursing and they were all very clean country songs because they were both men of Christ but the demands were becoming evident. The group was being requested at bars and parties and the guys quickly reminded themselves this is not where they wanted to be as a whole. So the band broke up after much money spent.

At that point my dad kind of lost his spirit, my grandmother (his biggest fan) had just lost her battle with cancer very suddenly. We moved away from his hometown because he needed that fresh start. Daddy became the music minister at a small church in our new town which is also where I met my husband. After 4 years I decided I wanted to move back to our hometown and a year later my parents followed. Here, my dad struggled to see what God truly wanted him to do. He knew it was some sort of ministry and he always believed it was music better he never felt in place or it would seem things would fall a part as he got settled. So after a few years home my parents had started a going to a church in Reform, AL it was very small. After a few months at the church the pastor went through some hardships and had to resigns the church then asked my father to fill in as pastor here and there. They were considering him as a full-time pastor but things again started slowly but surely not working out. Dad continued doing solos at the church here and there and went to a couple church homecomings elsewhere and sang. He met with a friend from his youth group years named Kenny and he had been working with a group called the Capstone Quartet as a fill in and also doing solos. May 10, 2008 my father got a call Kenny asking if he could sing at a homecoming at Eternal Faith Church because the church had a few cancellations and needed singers.

While in the church parking lot Dad, Kenny, and Rodney practiced a couple of songs together and things just clicked. The harmony was amazing. They started getting requests to sing together before they had even formed the group. Soon after much prayer they all agreed they felt this is was God's will. They began getting many requests to sing and things just snowballed from there. John Lanier was performing at a church and heard the group and asked if they would come to the SGM fanfair in Pigeon Forge, TN and compete for a recording time in the studio. After prayer they decided to go and just have fun and share God's word. Surprisingly they ended up winning and this past week traveled to Kentucky to begin recording their debut album. My dad has written a couple of songs that will be on it, one that they are really excited about called "I'll Live Anyway". Its a song about someone struggling a disease such as cancer, which is near and dear to us because my dad lost both parents to cancer and currently my mom's father is fighting lung cancer.

I wanted to share this because it has been amazing to me seeing God open door after door because they followed His will and not their own. They were never looking for a group but each just trying to figure out which path the Lord was taking them on. I am very excited to see what else God has in store for Trinity and I know the song "I'll Live Anyway" is going to be such a ministry for those struggling. For more information about bookings or if you would like Trinity Gospel Trio to attend your event you can visit the website www.trinitygospeltrio.com .And be sure to look for them in the July issue of "Christian Voice Magazine".

2 comments:

Tidbits of Torah said...

I compose and sing songs as well. Most songs are composed from the melodies of old baptist hymnals. Do stop my site and look under labels "Songs"

Nishant said...

its adorable
home based data entry